Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Honda Indy 5K Run July 2010

31:24 (6:17min/km)
M(21/21) O(31/42)

Since my first race in last Aug, I had not been doing much of training. I wasn't planning to do any other race then the Bill Harper in Aug. But in this hot summer day in July, Felix told me to go to CNE for a cheap race with him. The Honda Indy will be held during the weekend and we got to run on the race track on Thursday evening. I thought "why not, you don't get to run on Indy race track everyday. Plus Hooter girls will be there cheering." So I left work early on Thursday to CNE for the race. It was 29 degree and high humidity. It was really uncomfortable and Hooter girls are not doing much to cool you down. Thank god they have free Dr Pepper there for us to drink. Finally the race time arrived, but the organizer told us some of the "important participants" got stuck in traffic and will arrive soon. We had to wait under hot weather for much longer. Then they arrived and they started some pre-race competition. It was really dumb and waste of time. I could see a lot of racers are running out of patient. After all the waiting and pre-shows, I was already tired and thirsty, and I wanted to pee so badly. I just wanna get it over and go home.

The track was 2.8km long, so running 2 laps wold be longer than 5km. They asked runners to walk 600 meter forward to make 2 laps 5km. And the rest of walkers and people in wheel chair will just do 1 lap 2.8km. The problem was, there's nobody, i mean nobody, at starting line to direct us. We heard a gun shot from 600m behind us and we had no idea it was for us to start or what? Then we saw the walkers started to walking toward us. We still don't know what to do and some of the runners just started themselves and everyone else followed them. I was running slowly at my own pace and trying to survive. It was really brutal to run 5km in that hot weather plus all the pre-show already tired me. Finally I finished 2 laps and crossed finish line. I finished the race with 31:24 which was the last place for male category. This is the worst race ever, I would never come back here again, even if they double amount of hooter girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment