Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bill Harper 5K Run Aug 2009

32:34 (6:31min/km)

Aug 23 2009, it was the race day for Bill Harper 5k. Without much of training but I went anyway. It was my first race, I was nervous. I didn't even know where to pick up race kit and how to pin my bib. But thanks to Felix and Kang, I got everything done. At 10am, race started. I was a newbie and like every other newbie, I got dragged by the pack. I was running much much faster than I could with the pack. But thanks to Kang, he started to tell me to slow down and don't follow the group. We started to run slower but that didn't help much for me. After about 2km, I was tired already. I told Kang to go ahead and I'll finish myself slowly. After 3.5km I had to stop and walk. I was out of breath. Then I started to run again. As I was about less than 1km to finish line, some pedestrian passed by asked me "Which race is this?" I said "I don't know, I just run". Funny, I don't even know why I was running. About 400m to finish line, I picked up the pace and started to run faster. I sprinted passed an Indian guy and sprinting made my face so GY(Taiwanese slang). Since that day, I crowned myself as GY-Face. This was my first ever race, it was brutal, but I finished it. Official time was 32:34. And I LOVE sprinting toward finish line, it just feels so great.


GY-Face Sprinting

No comments:

Post a Comment