Monday, July 23, 2012

How It Got Started (2009)

Before I Started To Run

I started a recreational cycling group in 2008 and rode with couple friends in that year. Some of our friends got bored with cycling and eventually quit riding with us. In 2009, I discovered a website twbbs.ca and met Felix there. He had a running group every Sunday on Bayview park. Originally I wanted to pull him and his friends to join my cycling group, so I went to his running club a few times to meet people. After meeting him a few times, and with his pushing and encouragements, I signed up for my first race "Bill Harper 5K" on Centre Island. I had zero knowledge about running, training, and pacing. I didn't even train for the race. I was still enjoying riding my bike in the park and trails for 20-30km each ride. Just few weeks before the race, I thought running 5K was easy, I just needed to run a couple times before race then I should be good to go. But I was too naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment